Skip to main content

The SL News Blog investigated the alleged corruption at IHPAU

The SL News Blog investigated the alleged corruption at IHPAU, which is part of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation.

 By Julius Magona

Sierra Leoneans are well aware that the SL News Blog is staunchly opposed to all forms of corruption; many issues relating to corruption are constantly forwarded to me for publication.
Recently, documents relating to alleged corruption from the Ministry of Health and Sanitation were forwarded to me for review and publication.
The document is titled; "Corruption in the Ministry of Health at IHPAU
A case for the Anticorruption "

As is customary, the SL News Blog blogging is distinctive and follows a variety of journalistic characters.

As a result, I had to contact some officials in the aforementioned department, and these were my findings.

1. It is important to note that the said ineligible accounts for 0.4%. The remaining 99.6% was successfully implemented and makes it possible for MOHS leadership to increse GF funding from US$65 million to the current grant of US$156 million. MOHS deserved to be praised for that.

2. As indication that MOHS' consider this very important, the following action was taken (i) all staff mentioned on the OIG report were immediately relieved of their duty, (ii) matter forwarded to ACC for investigations.

 3. ACC has completed its investigation into the matter. Those found guilty have started paying. No deliberate corruption was established, but lack of proper documentation of processes and failure to adhere to basic procedures such as chairing workshops but the Chairman failing to sign the attendance list.

4. Given that 90% of the identified ineligible expenditure was from catering services provided by local service providers in the interior were workshops and training activities are mostly provided,  as a Ministry, we have stopped all catering since providers of the service are challenged providing updated documents like NRA, NASSIT, etc. 

5. MoHS have instituted other measures to ensure non ineligible expenditure by partnering closely with other government assurance institutions. 
They're fully aware that an expenditure can be classified ineligible when documentations are not complete or provided in time of request, irrespective of the gains realized from the service provided.


Popular posts from this blog

In his most recent Facebook live, King Boss LAJ called out LAC, dubbed the World Boss, and threatened to beat up anyone who blogs for the World Boss.

King Boss LA, a controversial Sierra Leonean hip-hop rapper, has called the self-proclaimed World Boss a phony, claiming that everything he posts on social media is staged. King Boss continues to claim that he has no idea what LAC is planning, whether he wants to be a priest, a gangster, or a musician, for example. "You should come out and introduce yourself. I don't disguise my identity; my father and family are well aware that I'm a gangster "In a 26-minute live recording, King Boss declared.... To hear the entire video statement, press play.

Dr John Lahai drops a real clanger...lecturers react

Evidence has surfaced that contradicts one of John Idriss Lahai's claims. And, as I've already stated, it's a clear sign that not everything he writes is true. He is doing the right thing, but depending entirely on rumor may jeopardize his kindness to Sierra Leone. Brima Ronnie Kargbo, a youthful and charismatic Sierra Leonean who works for NATCOM as the Director of Administration and Human Resource Management Director, was featured in a publication by John Idriss Lahai. In an exact paraphrase of his "nemakui" English writing skills, Lahai claimed: "Brima Ronnie Kargbo indeed started his Bachelor's degree studies at Njala University. It is also true that he abandoned the course halfway and moved to the UK (this was during the latter part of the civil war: 1996/1997-ish). As such, what is not true, and for which Njala University should investigate (to verify my claim) and, thereafter, sue Brima Ronnie Kargbo for forgery of their certificate (a

"My mother hurt me, so I killed her" Ibrahim Kargbo in Bo City.

At Hill Station-Ahmadiyya Tikonko in Bo, a young guy strangled his mother Fatmata KARGBO and buried her in his room. When questioned why he killed his biological mother, the offender, Ibrahim, a mason, said it was because she had harmed him and became irate. See video footage