To answer to the question " waetin di pa don do?", please check a sample of the paopa administration's accomplishments in less than 4 years.
Please read through the list of successes of the Bio-led SLPP, even though as a government, they should not be complacent with such achievements since the population expect them to do more till Sierra Leone betteh PAOPA.
See the gains made so far by the SLPP government
Achievements of Government
1. After 12 years of trial, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), a United States Foreign Aid agency in 2019 positively assessed Sierra Leone under the leadership of President Bio in the control of corruption, ruling justly and investing in people with pass marks in guaranteeing democratic rights, civil liberties, the rule of law, health and primary education expenditures.
2. The MCC also gave a pass mark to the government of President Bio in the area of economic freedom, trade policy, gender in the economy and business start-up.
3. Reviewed and amended the Anti-Corruption Act to make it more robust in the fight against corruption.
4. The government of President Bio paid $1.2 billion domestic debt left by ex-president Koroma of the APC.
5. In 2019, President Bio launched Africa’s first blockchain and decentralized digital platform under the National Civil Registration Authority (NCRA) in Sierra Leone.
6. Established and operationalized the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation (DSTI) under the Office of the President;
7. Translated commitment into action for the construction of the Lungi/Freetown Bridge. Arrangements for the construction of the bridge are far ahead;
8. Contributed to human capital development through Free Quality Education for Primary and Secondary education to over two million children in Sierra Leone,
9. Committed 21% of the country’s GDP to the FQE . The first government in West Africa to provide free quality education across primary and secondary schools;
10. Spent 30 billion in the supplying of 26 million text books and other school materials;
11. Provided school buses exclusively for school going children
12. Increased salaries of teachers by 30%
13. Controlled government deficit/borrowing;
14. Created a Ministry of Environment in response to the global environmental challenges;
15. Provided sustainable electricity supply to Sierra Leoneans especially in the Western Area
16. Recruited 300 females in the army; first ever in the history of Sierra Leone;
17. Commissioned 48 hospitals across the country;
18. Approved 106 schools across the country
19. Supplied 506 ambulances across the country to respond to emergency health issues;
20. Commissioned the construction of two universities: one in Bonthe and the other in Kono District;
21. Increased salaries of government workers by 15%;
22. Appropriated Le18.3 billion to Freetown City Council to transform Freetown.
23. Renovated the Sierra Leone Parliament to a modern level
24. Paid for application forms for students who enrolled into universities;
25. Paid school subsidies for all pupils across the country
26. Offered scholarship to all university students offering Mathematics, Geography, Agriculture, Biology and Engineering to students across the country.
27. Introduced and sustained national cleaning days on the first Saturday of every month.
28. Set up Commission of Inquiry to investigate the stewardship of past government officials
29. Approved solar lights to be installed at Moyamba District;
30. Commissioned the Lumley market and Juba to Atlantic bridge;
31. Commissioned the Bo Mattru-Jong Road
32. Commissioned the Kenema/Tongo-Fields/Koidu Road
33. Commissioned the construction of 68 streets in Kenema
34. Commissioned the construction of the Kenema mini stadium
35. Commissioned the completion of the Tokeh Peninsula Road
36. Supported the rehabilitation of the Bo stadium
37. Supported the rehabilitation of Magburaka Boys School & commissioned the road and clock tower.
38. Commissioned the construction of the Magbereh bridge Makeni high way.
39. First government to rule for 9 months without international budgetary support;
40. The first government to retrieve Le 8.7billion from corrupt politicians in six months; money that had been stolen from the country under the past APC government
41. Commissioned the Milton Margai College Library and Science Laboratory;
42. Commissioned a drone corridor in Njala, the first in the West African Sub-region.
Post a Comment